Sometimes life is as smooth as butter on a hot Texas day where everything seems to be going your way and sometimes it feels like all the cards are stacked against you and it’s hard like a fat man swimming in molasses.
Everywhere you look especially in the media it’s all bad news. Bad news sells, but we won’t get into that here 🙂 Watching too much of it can mess with you and your motivation level.
Being an entrepreneur can certainly be challenging. If it were easy
everyone would do it.
With all the challenges being thrown at us of running a business and with everything going on in the world it’s easy to get down and feel like it would be better to just throw in the towel.
But you’re not going to do that. You are a business building warrior.
Here are 5 practical things you can do when things seem hard:
1) Turn off the TV – At least don’t watch too much of it. Have you noticed that the news is a constant loop of the EXACT same thing over and over? You can get what you need by watching the headlines and then turn it off or at least turn on something more uplifting. A constant barrage of bad news will leave you feeling hopeless.
2) Know your Why – What is your why? Why are you wanting to start a business or why did you start your business? When life is hard go back to your why and let that motivate you to keep moving forward.
3) Be Thankful – There are times I wake up and feel beat down by life and unmotivated. The antidote for this is to write down 3 things I’m thankful for. I know life can be difficult, but there is always something we can be thankful for and an attitude of gratitude will change your mood quickly.
4) Help Someone Else – This might seem counterintuitive, but it’s true that when I help someone else it gets my mind off of my problems and even boosts my motivation level.
5) Get into Community – You were not meant to be isolated and being an entrepreneur is not something you should do alone. In the years that I’ve been teaching people how to create streams of income I’ve noticed that those who are involved in community are the most successful. Find like-minded people who are on the same journey and get plugged in.
Here’s a good group to get into – MySilentTeam Facebook Group
I hope that was helpful.
I’m here for you so please feel free to email me and let me know how I can serve you.
By God’s grace Ryan has built a thriving online business with multiple streams of income ranging from selling physical products to a variety of books and courses on the topic of starting and growing an online business. Ryan’s passion is to help people discover their gifts and talents and use them to fulfill their purpose in life – thus the reason for this book.
Ryan is happily married to his wife, Melane, and is a proud father to his son, Callen. They reside in Southlake, TX.