If you sell physical goods then Q4 is the most thrilling adventure you’ll experience. It seems like anything that’s not nailed down will sell in the last quarter of the year.
Are you ready?
Here are just a few tips I wanted to share about being prepared for Q4:
- Make sure you have plenty of supplies now – Packing Tape, Boxes, etc
- I only buy items that I can make money on if they sold now. I’m not buying items hoping that they will be going up in value later.
- Now is not the time to change your business model. Go with what you know, but don’t be afraid to scan items in categories you’re not completely familiar with. If you’re not selling toys, Q4 is the time to get into toys for sure.
- Be on the lookout for anything seasonal – It seems like anything with the word “Pumpkin” in it sells and as we get closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas keep your eyes open for items that only come out during those holidays.
- Get help with the processing, packing, and shipping – I’m sure there are plenty of people that live near you that would love to make some extra Christmas money.
- Source Source Source – This needs to be the main focus
- Refresh your Amazon Seller Central often to watch your sales – I’m sure the experts would say don’t waste too much of your time doing this, but it’s fun and it motivates me when I see the sales coming in.